Street scene, ivy and wisteria
A ten-day trip for from four to six guests.
Available May, September and October 2016
May booking closes 25 January!
My favorite pastime is combing through Italys countryside and weaving my best discoveries into walking trips. The source of these marvels, their hidden focal point, is the great city of Rome.
Rome is a mélange of history and culture unique in all the world. Its also a living city, vibrant and kaleidoscopic, where meandering cobblestone streets lead to hidden treasures, mischief and magic. This is the Rome I love.
Its easy to do Romes “big” attractions on your own – you dont need me for that. Id like to spend a few days showing you a different face of Rome – my Rome – then take you into the country for a week of walking. Details below.
Fresh produce for sale
The Tiber River
The Calling of St. Matthew (detail)
Town - three days
Heres a taste of what well do together:
- walk through Romes chronology from pre-history to Renaissance
- follow the run of ancient aqueducts into the city
- stroll the tree-lined Appian Way, the most iconic Roman road
- enjoy great art and architecture without fighting crowds
- visit artisans plying their trades in traditional workshops of Romes medieval center
- gaze over the city at dusk, sipping an aperitivo
- eat great food without being treated like a tourist
- attend a performance of the Rome Opera (optional; extra charge applies)
Piazza del Popolo
Michelangelo's Piazza del Campidoglio
Dome, Sant'Agnese in Agone
Country - seven days
There are many itineraries to choose from. Here are a few of my favorites:
Rome: Town and Country
A ten-day trip in May, September or October 2016
Each walking trip is built to order for four to six guests. You can join a group or create your own, choosing the itinerary and accommodations, from budget to upscale. Cost begins at US$2200 per person for party of 6, US$2600 per person for party of 4 (varies with accommodations chosen and exchange rate). Includes all lodging, meals and transportation for 10 days; excludes flight to Rome.
Book May trips by 25 January, fall trips by 25 April. Write to me for booking or more information: Ill help design the trip you want.
Create your own Italian adventure
To subscribe to the Roman Road Walks mailing list, click here
To unsubscribe, click here and put “unsubscribe” in the Comments box.